Commonwealth Care Alliance: Launching an award-winning healthcare intranet
People are at the heart of Commonwealth Care Alliance’s mission. More than 40k members turn to the not-for-profit organization for their healthcare needs. By launching an intranet that is accessible on-demand from anywhere, Commonwealth Care Alliance has created a winning experience for their people that has earned international award recognition from the Nielsen Norman Group.
Read the full case study
A commitment to innovation and an unparalleled standard of care fueled Commonwealth Care Alliance’s rapid expansion. In less than five years, the Boston-based not-for-profit organization more than doubled in size.
With 40k+ members relying on Commonwealth Care Alliance, the organization recognized the need for a highly searchable platform that would connect their people and centralize knowledge. When launching CommonGround, leaders envisioned a product for employees, by employees that would facilitate workforce communication, engagement, and collaboration.
Goals for the platform included:
- Debut a mobile accessible, cloud-based solution
- Create a gateway to the tools employees need to enhance member care
- Drive adoption from the start by prioritizing user research
In addition to winning over Commonwealth Care Alliance’s workforce, CommonGround has won several awards. The intranet earned top honors in the Experience category at The Inspiring Workplace Awards, serving as a testament to Commonwealth Care Alliance’s commitment to taking member care to the next level by leveraging digital technology.
This case study will be of particular value if you:
- Want to see what goes into designing an award-winning intranet
- Are interested in learning how frontline teams leverage their intranet to enhance standards of care
- Wish to launch a healthcare intranet
- Are looking for insights on using digital technology to support a growing enterprise