One of Unily’s most important assets is its ongoing roadmap of new features and functionality, driven from our own innovation team and from the Microsoft roadmap for Office 365. That’s why we’ve been keeping a close eye on the developments from Microsoft’s flagship conference for SharePoint, Office 365 and Azure - Microsoft Ignite. Here’s our roundup of some of the most exciting changes to Office 365 that we think you should be aware of:
SharePoint Online and Delve
- OneDrive – For those who work with many teams and projects, a significant update to the OneDrive browser experience has been announced so that you can find, access, share and collaborate on all your files in Office 365, in your OneDrive for Business and in all your SharePoint Sites and Groups.
- OneDrive Sync Preview – In preview now, OneDrive sync gives you superior levels of reliability, performance and control for syncing all your Office 365 files. You can now take files offline from OneDrive for Business, SharePoint sites, Outlook and Yammer groups, as well as folders shared with you by othersfor SharePoint Online document libraries and folders shared with you
- Team news – This functionality is driven by Microsoft’s aim to create a mobile and intelligent intranet powered by SharePoint and is available now. ‘Modern pages’ can be created on the SharePoint homepage to share Team News, which is featured at the top of your team site homepage.
- People Cards – This brings Delve-like experiences to Office 365 apps, with people cards expanding to reveal contact information, organizational relationships and documents when you hover over a person’s name or image within SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
- SharePoint Apps – New SharePoint apps have been released for Android and Windows 10 Mobile and a new News roll-up tab is available within the SharePoint app for iOS.
Yammer/Office 365 Groups
- Office 365 integrating with Yammer – Yammer now boosts team productivity even more by adding a SharePoint team site and document library, OneNote, Planner and Outlook calendar to every group in Yammer.
How will these change Unily?
Microsoft are experts are innovating around Office 365 and creating components that are the building blocks of your digital workplace. Unily utilises the best of these components and combines them into a single, unified digital workplace that users understand and can consume easily. Every day our development and consulting teams analyzing the new technology available from Microsoft and determining how best to integrate and enhance its functionality to create a seamless collaboration solution.
To hear more on the latest from Microsoft Ignite and to pitch your questions to experts from Microsoft and BrightStarr, register for our Ignite Debrief Webinar on October 6th 4:00pm GMT/11:00pm EST.
Stay tuned to see how these new announcements will be incorporated into your Unily platform.