Zaxby’s unites retail franchises and corporate employees with an intranet
Zaxby’s restaurants serve thousands of customers daily across America with fresh, high-quality chicken. But with more than 1.9k corporate and franchise owners spread across more than 900 locations throughout America, Zaxby’s needed a way to unite its stores under one cultural initiative to ensure employee happiness and a set model for business standards.
Download the case study
Uniting every store with an engaging digital workplace
There are over 900 Zaxby’s stores across America, and this number is only on the rise. Zaxby’s needed a way to connect all stores and ensure the same work culture and standard was being adhered to throughout. Additionally, not all Zaxby’s stores are corporate-owned; approximately 750 are franchisee stores and so are owned by individual licensees. Because of this model, it can be easy for stores to become disconnected and disparate.
Due to the nature of work, Zaxby’s frontline workers have limited or no desktop access and so rely on their managers to keep them updated and in the loop with news and the information they need to do their daily jobs. The franchisee managers also required secure access to the same information as licensee managers, which is something the current ASP site couldn’t provide.
After realizing that its current homegrown ASP site wasn’t holding up to the standard expected, Zaxby’s decided to overhaul its legacy system for a new and enhanced cloud-based intranet software with Unily.
To underpin the enterprise’s internal communications strategy, Zaxby’s worked with Unily to design and launch ZNET, Zaxby’s enhanced intranet.
Goals for the platform included:
- Creating a digital workplace that could overhaul the current homegrown classic ASP site
- Uniting all corporate team members and franchisees
- Enhancing engagement with corporate communications
- Boosting employee happiness and wellness, and driving positive culture
This case study will be of particular value if you:
- Currently rely on an existing legacy intranet that no longer suits your enterprise needs
- Have multiple departments that you need to unite in a single, one-stop-shop system
- Are looking to improve collaboration across internal departments
- Need easily accessible knowledge and information, available to all at any time and from any location
- Are looking to continually improve the employee experience, boost wellness, and promote a positive culture throughout your enterprise