Flight Centre — Nielsen Norman Best Intranet 2019
Flight Centre is one of the world’s largest and most successful independent travel retailers. Download the case study and discover the secret behind their award-winning intranet.
As winners of Nielsen Norman’s Best Intranet Designs 2019, Flight Centre’s intranet has been globally recognized as a leading digital workplace platform. Slick design and impressive functionality attracted the attention of Nielsen Norman's panel of user experience experts. More than a communications portal, collaboration space or knowledge sharing platform, PILOT, the aptly named intranet, has been configured to support specific business needs. Using Unily's light-weight developer experience to build out bespoke content types, the platform has transformed every-day processes and generated significant productivity gains. Discover how the world's leading independent travel retailer powered productivity for 19,000 employees with an intranet built on Unily's Digital Experience Cloud by downloading the case study.
Goals for the platform included:
- Providing agents with easy access to travel information that allows them to deliver improved customer service
- Creating an intuitive intranet design that allows users to navigate the intranet without training
- Enhancing employee experience by providing a home for employee benefits
- Centralizing internal communications to foster culture and provide a mechanism for delivering real-time updates to employees
This case study will be of particular value if you:
- Want to see what it takes to create an intranet with award-winning intranet
- Want to understand how to use an intranet to boost employee experience and workplace culture
- Are interested in understanding how Out-of-the-Box intranet products can be configured to meet specific business needs
- Are a retail brand that wants to understand how an intranet could benefit your business
- Are seeking inspiration for designing an intranet that garners adoption and engagement from the outset
This week Unily launched a new report in partnership with Kjaer Global exploring the impact of technology, AI and cultural shifts on the future of the workplace in 2030 and beyond.
Unily, the leading digital workplace platform today announces it has attracted a $68 million growth investment from Silversmith Capital Partners and Farview Equity Partners. Post investment, Silversmith and Farview will hold a significant minority stake in the business and with board representation will support the existing management team on its ambitious international growth strategy.
With a reported 87% of employees not engaged in their work, the need for businesses to develop employee engagement has never been greater. Unily’s exclusive masterclass; ‘How to maximize employee engagement with an intranet’ aims to address this by showcasing how organisations can use a digital workplace to create engaging employee experiences.
Where next? Latest insights.
According to the 2018 Talent Trends Report, 51% of employers planned to boost their spending on employee initiatives in 2019 and a significant percentage of this investment will go into technology. Why are so many companies investing in employee experience initiatives and what benefits does a strong employee experience bring to the modern enterprise?
A universal message from the general email address blasted to all employees can have the same effect as stapling a memo to the bulletin board in the break room. Your people may take a half-hearted glance, but are they engaged? In this blog, we explore how intranets, and more specifically targeting and personalization, are helping to power authentic engagement with internal communications.
20% of all intranet projects are now being led by HR. Why? Because, when leveraged correctly, a modern digital workplace is a powerful HR tool capable of increasing efficiency, improving the employee experience, and solving some of the most pressing challenges facing the department today. In this blog, we consider some of the ways an intranet can benefit HR.
SUBSCRIBE. To our insights.
The latest digital workplace news, events, guides and case studies.