Love’s: Leveraging digital technology to foster an inclusive culture
With more than 30k employees across the United States, The Love’s Family of Companies needed a way to connect team members on the road, at their desks, and working on the shop floors. By debuting a new, mobile-optimized employee experience platform, the enterprise created a digital headquarters that has proven engaging and accessible for all.
Turning to digital technology to enhance connectivity
From their first filling station in Watonga, Oklahoma, the Love’s commitment has remained the same: “Clean Places, Friendly Faces”. As an enterprise that has been family-owned and operated since its establishment in 1964, this sense of camaraderie extends not only to Love’s customers, but also to their employees.
With more than 550 locations in 41 states and a growth rate of approximately 40 stores per year, technology is crucial for maintaining the close-knit culture that has set The Love’s Family of Companies apart from the very beginning. Since more than 75% of their workforce is deskless and frontline, any digital platform must be mobile accessible to engage team members who are driving Gemini trucks, managing hotels and restaurants, and ringing up orders on the shop floor.
Given the breadth of employees’ roles and responsibilities, Love’s could not take a one-size-fits-all approach to digitalization. Instead, Love's worked with Unily to introduce a cloud-based, mobile-optimized intranet platform that would enhance engagement through personalized experiences and cultural initiatives that everyone could participate in; theWave.
Goals for the platform included:
- Introducing a targeted experience for employees, based on their role and region
- Serve as the digital home for Love's tight-knit, inclusive culture
- Create a single source of truth that is easily accessible for all, including deskless employees
- Increase business acumen amongst team members to help them understand how every individual’s work contributes to Love’s overall performance
This case study will be of particular value if you:
- Are looking to upgrade from a legacy on-premises intranet to a cloud-based intranet
- Have a predominantly frontline or deskless workforce and need a way to reach them through a mobile intranet
- Want to create a culture of recognition and positivity and inspire all employees to achieve their full potential
Download the case study