BrightStarr may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Therefore, you should check this page every now and again to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st January 2010.
What we collect - we may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather: we require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and also for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests
Security: we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites: our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information: you may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please write to Bright Starr Ltd, The Mill, Abbey Mill Business Park, Eashing, Guildford, Surrey, GU7 2QJ, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the address below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
We occasionally run prize draws and competitions, view the prize draw terms and conditions below.
What are cookies?
What cookies are used on this website:
The cookies we use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential: Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section ‘how can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies’ is an example of an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website effectively without these cookies.
Analytics: We use analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example of this is for counting the number of different people coming to our website, visiting a particular page or using a particular feature. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks, we would count you as three separate users and this wouldn’t be a true representation. We would find it difficult to analyze how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies, we feel that it is vital to monitor these user statistics to enable us to provide the most relevant and useful content to you. These cookies do not let us identify specific users as the information is aggregated.
Interest-based advertising: You may have noticed that when you visit websites, you will be shown adverts for products and services you may be interested in. BrightStarr place adverts on a range of external websites which we hope to be relevant to you based on the types of things that interest you. Cookie information about certain pages you have visited on our website helps us be more relevant in our advertising. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown on these specific sites. These ‘persistent’ cookies last no longer than 90 days, or until you clear them. These and the other cookies we use do NOT allow us to see what other sites you have been visiting, they simply act as a record of our web pages and adverts that you may see.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Please note that we can’t always control third party cookies (such as from social networks) stored on your machine from our website and where this is the case you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to understand their cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our ‘third party cookies’ section below.
If you want to reject cookies we use from this website you will need to:
- Delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the ‘help’ function within your browser, or alternatively visit www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookie preference cookie, the next time you visit our website the cookie status bar will appear again inviting you to again reconsider your preferences.
- If you only want to reject the Internet Based Advertising cookies we store on your machine, you can opt-out of receiving these cookies at any time by going to the Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com and following the opt-out instructions.
Please do be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Third Party Cookies:
Some of the cookies described above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over these cookies of how the third party uses them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example website analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Internet Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below. And/or
- Google – Analytics, Social Sharing and remarketing – Google provides anonymized data about the visits made to our website. It also stores cookies that allow the Google+ social sharing functionality. Google Policies and Principles.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website. We last changed this policy on 25th July 2012.