Transitioning from Sharepoint to Unily to unlock employee experience
Biogen’s pre-existing digital workplace was a custom-built SharePoint 2010 intranet. Although the intranet was designed to increase employee collaboration and be a hub for all content, information, and research, employees seldom used it. After many years with minimal updates and little governance, the intranet ended up containing hundreds of pages with irrelevant and outdated content, no ability to effectively search, and collaboration was non-existent.
Biogen needed a solution that would enable true enterprise corporate communications and act as a one-stop-shop for all employees to find everything they need to work. The existing SharePoint solution was unable to change components often, had no governance model, and did not have advanced capabilities such as video, social, and events.
The solution was very basic visually, and organizationally. In order to continue to provide for their patients, doctors, and caregivers the company is esteemed for worldwide, Biogen needed to upgrade to something with more current digital capability.
So, Biogen worked with Unily to design a tailored employee experience platform that fulfilled the brief and targets set out – Synapse.
Goals for the platform included:
- Replacing the pre-existing intranet with more advanced capabilities
- Developing modern corporate internal communications
- Streamlining content collaboration and maximize knowledge sharing
This case study will be of particular value if you:
- Have an existing, outdated intranet that needs a complete re-vamp
- Are looking to establish a corporate communications SaaS-based enterprise intranet solution
- Want to take advantage of the most current and advanced ways of utilizing digital communications
- Wish to learn how to unite and engage your global workforce through culture and communication